top of page
GRANGEHILL HOUSE
The land on which Grangehill House, Kinghorn, now sits appears to have originally formed part of the royal lands which were granted by King David II to Sir James Douglas in 1369. The Douglas family’s possession of the lands, as feudal superiors, was confirmed when King Robert II repeated the grant in 1372.
​
However, the earliest reference to the lands Grangemire as distinct from the surrounding area
does not appear until 1576 by James Douglas, 4th Earl of Morton.
To follow the history of Grangehill House and the Lands of Grangemire,
continue reading the full story in the History section.
bottom of page